Here at Button & Brew we are committed to keeping the trust and confidence of our customers and other visitors to our website. Our website address is www.buttonandbrew.com.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website
Links to other websites
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. Any links that I refer to on my site are not covered by this privacy notice. If you have questions about how those sites use your data, please check their privacy notice.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When someone visits www.buttonandbrew.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers and social media account names.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details. Payment details are processed by our payments processor, Stripe – regarding your payment card, we only see the last three digits of your CVV number.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and (with your permission) location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, requests for support and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and incomplete purchases you start but don’t complete on our site.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Social Data includes any mentions you make of Button and Brew in your social media accounts.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with the products you order). In this case, we may have to cancel a product order you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by contacting us. This includes personal data you provide when you: order our products; create an account on our website; request information about our products; enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us feedback or contact us by email or through our website. For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- We obtain Technical Data from analytics providers such as advertising networks such as Facebook; and Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment services such as Square, and delivery service providers. Social Data from service providers we engage to notify us of mentions of Button and Brew and our products in social media networks.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (that is, the contract for delivery of our products to you).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
To register you as a new customer
To process and deliver your order
To manage our relationship with you
To enable you to enter in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey, when applicable
To run and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising
To use data analytics to find out what products you like, improve our website, products, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products that may be of interest to you
To communicate with you regarding the use of any of your social media content in our marketing
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use data we process about you to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
If you buy or enquire about our products or sign up for our newsletter, then (unless you opt out), we may send you promotional info about our products by email. Where we need your consent to send marketing communications, we will only do so if you have provided that consent.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Like many companies, we may serve you with banners and ads when you are on other websites and apps. We try to serve you with ads you’ll be interested in. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
Access to your personal information
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Email your request to [email protected] and your request will be responded to within 30 days. If your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests it may take longer, in this case we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Changes to this privacy notice